Monday 7 March 2011

Nail Tutorial: Feathers


For this nail look you will need:

  • Clean, shaped and filed nails
  • Feathers
  • Clear Nail Polish
  • Coloured Nail Polish (optional)
  • Scissors
  • Tweezers


(Optional step: Paint all nails in a solid colour that will contrast well against the feathers. Let them dry.)

Step One: Take a feather and trim off just enough to cover your nail


Step Two: Paint the first nail with a coat of clear nail polish. 

Step Three: Using tweezers, place the feather on the painted nail in whichever direction you choose. You may need to press it down on the sides with your fingertips.


Step Four:  Trim off the excess feather with scissors.


Step Five: Cover the feather with a coat of clear nail polish. (Feel free to do two layers, or add sparkles at this point).


Step Six: Repeat on all nails!





1 comment:

  1. This is such a fantastic idea! I have a box of feathers that I've been using for making earrings but I never thought of doing this with them before. I really love your blog. I came on here looking for costuming/makeup ideas for dancing in my first hafla and you have so many great tips!

    ReplyDelete